Thursday, February 14, 2013

 Its a happy plush uterus!  Must be nice to have a happy uterus, must be nice....
Nervous, nervous, nervous.  I have a feeling that I'm going to be a huge mess tomorrow.  But that is ok.  The nurse who did all my pre-op stuff today said that if I am a huge mess tomorrow, I get a valium!  Yay!  I've never had valium before, but I heard that it is very useful when trying to keep someone from hyperventilating, crying, or vomiting from the anxiety.  So at least if I do break down sobbing, I'll be given a drug to help me not be too embarrassed by it.  And as far as vomiting from the anesthesia goes, she said they will put anti-nausea meds into my iv to help.  No one wants to get vomited on.  Everyone today made me feel confident that they will take excellent care of me.  And I know they will.  Doesn't mean I'm not scared anymore though.  I'm also tired of getting stuck already.  And I know there is a lot more sticking to go tomorrow. I had blood drawn from BOTH arms today, and they are both quite sore.  I'm hoping my IV will be in my hand tomorrow, as my arms want no more of it.
After talking with my doctor today about my concerns, she also suggested doing a d & c.  It will remove anything that might be causing my uterus (stupid uterus) to rebel, and give her tissue to inspect to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.  This, combined with the lap, should give a more complete picture of what's causing all the problems I've been having and might even clue us into why getting and staying pregnant is so darn hard.  We will have answers, ladies and gentlemen!  ANSWERS!  She also suggested that cleaning everything out could help us get pregnant quickly.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as everything that is supposed to have helped us has not.  So I must remember, quality of life is what I'm after at this point. A baby would just be a miraculous bonus.
Ok people, I want to finish watching Vampire Diaries, and then I need to go get ready for tomorrow.  So, until my next post, here is your IFPSA of the day:
When talking to someone who is trying to have children, please don't say, "Oh, you're young.  There's plenty of time to have kids.  Why are you in such a hurry?"  For me, the answer is I'm not young.  I am 2 and half years away from being 35 which is considered advanced maternal age.  I don't have as much time as you imply.  Yes, people are having babies at later and later ages, but there are also more risks involved the older that you are.  Not to mention that egg reserves dramatically diminish by the time a woman reaches 30.  Waiting until we were ready is probably part of the issue, so no, there is not plenty of time to have children.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your surgery went well! I have been thinking about you and hoping everything is alright. It's crazy to say being that I don't know you but it is easy to relate with someone going through the same thing. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! I'm doing well. A little sore and tired, but definitely not the horror I was expecting!

      Delete