Friday, January 25, 2013



Why is she crying??!!!  Zumba addiction is something to be celebrated.

Anyhow, I haven't made a post in about a week.  We went to Gatlinburg with Mark's family last Friday and stayed through Monday.  It was actually cold this year (last year it was warm and there was barely any snow at the ski resort), and I tried out the snow tubing.  The first time I did it was fairly traumatizing.  There is a belt that takes you up to the top of the tubing hill that is scary as hell.  I almost fell getting on to it, got yelled at for trying to walk on it (because I was feeling totally unsteady and about to fall any minute), and then stumbled off of it.  Then walking through the lines to get to the tubing lanes was wrought with holes for twisting your ankle in and teenagers needing to be yelled at.  Once you get to the top of the hill, you have to maneuver your tube and then try to sit on it without falling and/or sliding down the hill.  I am clumsy (as most of you know) and so I was expecting to tumble down the hill at any moment.  Once I finally got going down the hill, my tube kept turning me around (a blast once I knew what to expect and not so fun the first time) and I sat too far into the tube so my ass hit every little bump.  I was not a happy camper after that first run, and was not going to go back and do it again.  Mark forced me to try it one more time though, and I'm glad I did.  Once I knew what to expect and what to do, I had a blast.  It was tons of fun, and I can't wait to do it again next year.

Other than the trip, I've been working and going to the gym.  I'm enjoying my job, and I'm apparently doing really well at it.  I've gotten a ton of stuff back, and the doctors' offices actually seem to want to cooperate with me.  People at work say its because I sound sweet and southern, which probably is the case.  So I'm going to continue to be sweet and southern and get people to do what I want!  Zumba went well this week, as did yoga and belly dance.  I actually got to go to belly dance on Monday (thought we would be out of town) and learned that I really need to be practicing the dance we are doing (for the hafla in March) outside of class.  And I need to start thinking about costuming.  And wing making.  Lots of prep to do before it rolls around.  But I am excited.

Well, that's really all that's been going on.  I will leave you with your IFPSA of the day!  Until next time:

IFPSA: When asking a couple why they don't have children (RUDE!) or when/if they plan on having children, please do not ask them if they don't have children because they don't like children.  I actually had a family member ask Mark and I this a couple of months after one of our losses, and were she not ill at the time, I probably would have told her in horrible graphic detail exactly why we haven't had a baby yet.  There could be so many reasons why a couple has not had children yet, and normally, hating children is not on the top of the list.  So please, when talking to your friends or family members that are childless, if you absolutely have to know the state of their family planning, be gentle.  They may be struggling harder than you can imagine to have a baby, and hearing your opinion on the matter isn't helpful and can be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment